JioFi devices are portable WiFi hotspot devices. These devices are provided to the users by Reliance Digital which is powered by LYF. JioFi devices have the capability to provide with high-speed data. They also have the capacity to connect up to 10 devices simultaneously. This means that 10 devices can use the data provided by these devices at the same time.
If you keep your connection open, many unknown users can get connected to your WiFi. This will result in low-speed provided to your device. To prevent this, you can use a password and restrict the users who can use your WiFi connection. Since the human brain has volatile memory, there are chances that you might forget the password yourself and thereby not be able to use your own WiFi connection. In such a situation, all you can do is recover the password of your JioFi router.
Also, if a lot of people have got to know the password to your JioFi router and you want all the previous users to stop using your WiFi, you can simply change the password of your JioFi router. This will result in barring all the users who had your previous password. Then, you can choose whom you wish to grant your password and whom you don’t.
Hence, here we are going to discuss the methods and steps using which you can either recover or reset the password of your JioFi router.
How to Reset Password of JioFi Router
If you haven’t changed the password even once, you will find the default password at the back of the box of your JioFi device. But, if you have already changed the password, you can modify it again using the steps mentioned below.
1. Launch an internet browser on your device which is connected to your JioFi router. Then, type in the IP address which is ‘192.168.1.1‘ or enter ‘http://jiofi.local.html‘ in the search bar and hit enter.
2. In the web page which loads, you will then find a ‘Login Button’ on the top right corner of your screen. Click on it to go to the login page.
3. In the login page, enter the username and the password as ‘administrator’ or ‘admin’ and click on the ‘login’ option.
4. Once you are logged in successfully, click on the Settings option. On the web page that loads, click on Network >> Wi-Fi Configuration to change the password.
5. Here, in the password field, you can change the Security Key/Wi-Fi password of your JioFi router to anything you wish.
6. Once you are finished with the modifications, click on Apply button to save the changes made.